When You’re Ready to Release your Podcast
This is the last step to launching your podcast, so if you aren’t ready to submit your fully complete podcast to iTunes and other directories, just bookmark this page and come back when you are.
Submitting to Podcast Directories
There are four main directories you’ll want to submit your podcast feed on. They’re all easy to setup, and we’re going to walk through each one now, so there’s really no excuse to not be on all of them.
Let’s get started!
What you need:
- An active Apple ID – if you don’t have one already, you can create one here
- Artwork of minimum 1400×1400 pixels and maximum 3000×3000 pixels
- A unique podcast title – make sure there isn’t already a podcast with the same name on iTunes
- At least one podcast category set for your podcast
- A valid email address linked with your Apple ID – iTunes will use it to notify you of approval
- Have at least one episode already created on your feed
* everything having to do with your feed above will be input through whatever tool you’re using to mange your feed, whether Libsyn, Blubrry, or a podcast management plugin on WordPress
- Sign into the iTunes Podcast Connect
- Click the plus sign in the upper left corner
- Enter your RSS feed into the input and click “validate”
- If you have any validation errors, read the issues and fix those before submitting
- If you don’t have any validation errors, review the artwork, title, host, description, etc. and make sure it is correct
- If everything looks good, click “submit”
Be aware that iTunes states that it can take anywhere from 24 hours to 14 days after submission for your podcast to show up in the podcast directory. However, in my experience, the time period is a lot closer 3 to 5 days.
Just make sure you plan for some extra time to give yourself some wiggle room. This way a delayed approval won’t throw off your podcast launch, social media campaign, announcement etc.
- Sign up for or sign into your Stitcher content provider account in the top right
- Once your logged in, make sure you’re in the Partner Portal
- Click “Add Shows” at the top of the menu
- Add your podcast information to the form
- Agree to terms and conditions
- Click “Continue”
- Confirm your submission
Google Play Music
- Visit the Podcasts in Google Play Music page
- Click “Publish”
- Login with Google account if you aren’t already
- Click “Add a Podcast”
- Accept Terms of Service
- Enter your podcast feed url
- Check your email to verify the ownership of the podcast
- Click Publish Podcast
TuneIn is super easy to set up. Just visit this TuneIn podcast submission page fill out the form with your podcast info, and submit.
They’ll get back to you in the next few days letting you know about your submission status.
If you followed along, you just finished submitting your podcast to all of the major podcast directories. That was easy. Now you can sit back and wait for your podcast to be approved.